"Within each of us is a hidden store of energy. Energy we can release to compete in the marathon of life. Within each of us is a hidden store of courage. Courage to give us the strength to face any challenge. Within each of us is a hidden store of determination. Determination to keep us in the race when all seems lost."

~Roger Dawson



Tuesday, February 9, 2010

TIPS and TRICKS

EATING 101

So I have been working on my eating habits for some time now, and have learned stuff on my own and from my nutritionist and I would like to share!

It is good habit to eat around every 2-3 hours. It is good for your blood sugar and metabolism-not to mention it helps maintain a good mood!

ALSO if you do the 2-3 hour regiment. Before you go to bed have either a 1/2-1 cup of cottage cheese or a 1/2-1 cup oatmeal. It is a bit slower to digest, or whatever.-Which is good.

Mustard and chicken is a great anytime snack.


I am shopping organic now, as much as I can. I know, Im a hippy. Sue me. But it is good for you.


STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM REFINED SUGAR! Yes, that means brown sugar too. Refined sugar is so bad for you. It is pretty hard to completely eliminate, but stay away from all the obvious stuff. Stevia is a natural substitute, although, I dont appriciate the taste. Good natural sugars include: Banana, applesauce, honey, etc. -Be resourceful, and share any tips you may have!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I could never stay away from sugar for too long. That's why I like WW so much. I stay away from bad stuff for the most part but I can still indulge a little bit. So tell me, why is it better to eat foods at night that take longer to digest and what do you put in your oatmeal to make it yummy? I usually put a little brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon but this morning I cut out the brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete