"Within each of us is a hidden store of energy. Energy we can release to compete in the marathon of life. Within each of us is a hidden store of courage. Courage to give us the strength to face any challenge. Within each of us is a hidden store of determination. Determination to keep us in the race when all seems lost."

~Roger Dawson



Sunday, February 7, 2010

TIPS and TRICKS

Heya!

Couple of tips coming your way, hope you are ready!

When I was first starting to loose weight, I had a LONG way to go. 5'6" 210 lbs. I was not exactly at my peak, so the thought of huffing it up some stairs, or on a treadmill made my head spin. SO I just started where I could. I began at a half hour work out, going 3.0mph. -And I did that every day until it was not difficult anymore. Then I just stepped it up from there, 1 hour 4.0mph and so on.

If you struggle with no motivation or negative self talk, you gotta nip it! It can be difficult to stay motivated, which is why you MUST set goals for yourself, and KEEP A JOURNAL. Write in that journal every night about how you feel, what you would like to acheive, and how you plan to do so. NEVER tell yourself that you cant do something. Because you CAN. And you WILL. All it is is one foot in front of the other.

So quick little tips:

Keep a journal for motivation.
No negative self talk.-YOU CAN YOU WILL.
Start with what you can do. Dont kill yourself.

Also, if you are just begining some kind of regiment, dont weigh yourself for the first 3 weeks. Weight is a funny thing, and if you keep checking on it and nothing changes too much you might get discouraged. Focus on the end goal, know that if youve only lost 2lbs you will loose more, and you have to be happy with the progress you make. You will feel the benefits in other ways.

ALSO, for those who are a little more advanced and want a good challenge:
INTERVALS!!!! They are your best friend. 60seconds @ a lower speed (4.5mph) 60 seconds at a high speed (6.0-7.0mph).

FOOD TIP:

Grapfruits are so good for you. Try and eat one a day, good for your heart and only 35 calories! And they taste good too.

KEEP IN MIND:

You will slip up and slack off. You are human, it happens. The difference between your success and failure is that you pick it back up again and try harder the next time. Remember how you feel when you do and do not do well. You will notice a difference in energy level, mood, sleeping habbits, skin, etc. Just keep up the program.

PEACE OUT.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog! I want to see some more pics of you. I've been feeling so great these days. I love love love WW. I've already lost 6 lbs since I started (WOO WOO!). I've hit the gym 5 times since I've been aloud. You're supposed to wait 6 weeks after having a kiddy poo. Anywhoo...I am loving it. I like that interval idea. I have some great tips too. Here's one of my fav things to eat for lunch. A whole wheat pita (just half) stuffed with a serving of Oscar mayer turkey, spinach, sliced carrots and a tsp. of fetta cheese...Delicious. It's only 2 WW points and very filling. Sometimes I would have a progresso WW soup with it. Anyway, I like this blog. It's gonna help keep me motivated too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard intervals were good for you but in all honesty I'm just too lazy to switch back and forth.... So I try to stay at 5-6mph. I'm trying to do a 5K too!!! I haven't signed up for one but I'm just trying to run it straight without dying for once.. Anyway, my question is...do you think a flat speed is okay? I vary according to cramps and how tired I am and such..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think flat speed is perfect for a 5k. If you are getting cramps, or are getting tired try focusing on breathing and posture. Breath deep and take longer to breath out than in. (only slightly :)) Shoulders back, and run w/t thighs and bum instead of calves (Thats my problem). My 5k is tomorrow....IM SO NERVOUS!!! : ) hopefully that is good advice!

    ReplyDelete